Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
We have listed some of the most frequent questions that we are asked. If you do not find the information you need here please contact us for assistance.
- Nothing is free in this world. Providing a delivery service adds to the cost of doing business that must be incorporated into the pricing of the product. Doing this raises the cost to all customers whether or not they use the service. We do offer delivery via FedEx, UPS or Courier Service if requested. These charges can be pre-paid and added to your invoice or charged to your FedEx or UPS account number.
Do you offer Free Delivery? [Top]
- Because most of our work is custom, we do require a 50% deposit prior to starting work. Companies with which we have an established relationship may have this policy waived.
Is a deposit required? [Top]
- We accept American Express, Mastercard, Visa, and Discover, cash, and company check.
What forms of payment do you accept? [Top]
- Established companies can open a revolving account if they are going to be making frequent purchases. Our terms are Net 30 days from the date of the Invoice. 18% annual interest is charged on past due accounts.
Can we establish an open account? [Top]
- We are located in Milpitas, CA in the southern part of the San Francisco Bay Area near San Jose, CA. A map and driving directions and our contact information is provided on this web site.
Where are you located? [Top]
- We are a licensed contractor (Lic. # 800777) in the state of California and can arrange to install your sign if needed.
Can you install my sign? [Top]
- We have been in business since 1991 under the same ownership. Our staff has many years of sign and graphic experience.
How long have you been in business? [Top]
- Our showroom is open Monday - Friday 8:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. We are closed most major holidays. If these hours are not convenient for you we will be happy to make an appointment to meet with you at a time that better meets your needs. Map and driving directions.
What are your business hours? [Top]
- Yes. The set-up charges for a logo depend greatly on the artwork that you can provide, the quality of the artwork, the number of colors involved and the intended use. While we can work from a business card the image quality is poor and the costs associated with this are high. A good quality electronic file in the proper format is preferred and will lower the set-ups costs. See our page on file preparation for more details on providing us artwork for your logo.
Can you reproduce my logo? [Top]
- Vinyl graphics are logos and letters computer cut onto a thin vinyl film with a pressure sensitive backing. These can then be applied to any nonporous surface to create durable, cost effective, attractive signage. Vinyl graphics are the perfect choice for small quantities of signs or for vehicle and window lettering.
What are vinyl graphics? [Top]
- In silk screening or screen printing images are "burnt" with a UV light into a mesh screen similar to a window screen but much finer. Some parts of the screen are covered to block the opening while other parts are left open. Ink is then pushed through the holes in the screen to form text and images on the sign material below. One screen is made for each color to be used on the sign. The cost of the screen setup is high but when amortized over many signs the cost per sign is relative small. Silk Screening is generally cost effective for larger quantities of signs.
What is silk screening/screen printing? [Top]
- Digital printing involves a computer controlled printer printing CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black) inks onto a surface. This process allows for a wide range of colors and even photographic quality images to be produced. While more costly than vinyl graphics the effect of a full color graphic or photograph on your sign cannot be over stated. The old adage that a picture is worth a 1000 words still holds true.
What is digital printing? [Top]
- PMS or Pantone Matching System is a color reference used by printers and ink manufactures to define color. While it is primarily used to match colors on printed items such as business cards and stationary we can use it as a common reference point to define your logo color. Paints and vinyls are not normally matched to PMS colors but we can get pretty close in many cases.
What is PMS as it relates to color? [Top]
- Yes. We normally provide either a Faxed or E-mailed (PDF File) proof for your approval before production is started. A Faxed Proof will normally be in black and white (unless you have a color fax) while an E-mailed PDF file will be in color. If these options do not work for you we can provide a paper proof you can view in our office.
Can I see what my sign will look like before it is made? [Top]
- If we had the ability to turn back the clock to meet your needs we would. Depending on the type of sign, its size, color, and quantity we can produce your sign in as little as a few hours--however, significant rush charges would apply. Normal turn around time is 1-3 days for most computer cut vinyl signs, 2-4 days for digitally printed signs, 7-10 days for screen printed signs, and 2-3 weeks for dimensional lettering. If special materials, permits, or production techniques are required it could take longer.
If you are in a bind and need something fast let us know what your needs are and we will work with you to provide signage to accomplish your goals. We are here to make you look good.
How fast can I get my sign? I really do need it yesterday. [Top]
- Yes. We offer a standard 15% discount to valid non-profit groups. Just ask when placing your order and be prepared to provide proof of non-profit status if asked. We make a concerted effort to support our community.
Do you offer discounts to non-profit groups? [Top]
- If you hold a resale certificate and are in the business of reselling the types of products we offer please provide the necessary information on this form and return it to us.
I have a resale certificate--do I have to pay sales tax? [Top]
- Pricing signs is a complicated process that takes into account the number of colors used, the amount of text and/or graphics, the material used, and the size of the sign. Installation options further add to the complexity. This wide variety of possibilities does not lend itself to a simple price table that can be easily read and understood for web viewing. We are more than happy to provide a free estimate for your signage needs. Just contact us with all the details and we'll get back to you with a price.
Why don't you put prices on the web? [Top]
- Just tell us what you want to accomplish with your sign and where you want to use it. We'll ask you a few questions to help determine the best signage for your purpose. We'll give you some options and provide the pros and cons of each. Our staff will be happy to help you learn what type of signage will work best for you.
I have never purchased a sign before and don't know where to start? [Top]
- We archive everything that we create or modify for you. An exact copy of your sign can be made at a later time or we can make a different sign using the same graphics, logo or type style used on your previous sign. We do not always archive copies of completed artwork that you provide unless you ask us to do so--a small storage fee may apply.
Do you save my artwork so I can use it later on another sign? [Top]
- If we have not addressed your question here, please contact us and we will do our best to provide you with an answer.
I have more questions. [Top]