Job Description - Sign Shop Assistant/Sign Maker
Position requires above average written and verbal communication skills. A high degree of customer interface is involved. Although experience is preferred others will be considered.
Job consists of various duties in support of a high volume sign shop. Duties may include:
- Keep shop clean and presentable
- Deliver/pickup of signs and materials from clients and vendors
- Verify raw material inventory as required
- Complete invoices/work-orders
- File invoices/work-orders/catalogs
- Assist in the manufacture of signs as needed
- Prepare vinyl graphics for application as needed
- Prepare sign surfaces for application of text/graphics (cut to size and clean) as needed
- Assist customers both in person and on the telephone as required
Text and graphics are cut into vinyl films using a computer driven plotter. Digital images are also printed onto adhesive backed vinyl films. The vinyl is then prepared for application to the substrate (surface). The substrate will be prepared (cleaned, cut to size, etc.) and the vinyl will be applied as per clients' layouts and approved proofs. Experience with some aspect of the sign making/graphics related industry would be a plus but is not required.
As necessary, signs will be delivered to clients, artwork picked up from clients, and material picked up from suppliers. The Sign Shop Assistant is responsible for keeping the shop clean. This will consist of emptying trash cans, putting away unused or excess materials, inventory, sweeping, vacuuming, and general housekeeping duties as required to maintain a professional appearance and orderly work area and showroom. Filing of invoices, work-orders, and catalogs is done at least weekly.
May also be responsible for answering the telephone and covering the sales counter as needed. This will consist of answering customers' questions and assisting them with the purchase and layout of their sign. As needed, will write up sales orders, take deposits and payments, and make change.
Wage commensurate with experience. Paid time off for holidays, vacation and sick days (pro-rated for part-time positions).
RETURN to Employment Opportunities Page